Thursday, October 14, 2010

If lovin' the Poly is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

In the past, when visiting The Most Magical Place On Earth, I've stayed off-site.  Last year, my daughter and I stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort.  CBR was lovely ... it was peaceful, even though it was crowded; it was clean and a happy place to be.  We made some lovely memories.

But this year?  I've discovered the most wonderful, peaceful, beautiful, MAGICAL place on the planet.

Disney's Polynesian Resort.

In the past, I was one of "those people".  You know, the "I don't care where I lay my head, I'll be too tired to care anyhow" types.  The whole "It's a hotel room.  I can save a lot by staying someplace cheaper per night" thing.

Ha.  Ha HA ha. 

From the moment we arrived on Magical Express, I was taken aback at the sheer beauty and comfort of the Great Ceremonial House (the main area).  Upon check-in, the cast members behind the counter treated me as if it were the most lucky thing EVER to happen to them, that I came there to visit.  Unreal.

And then, after we checked in to our room, I captured this magical moment:
















That's my daughter, on the balcony, just taking in the magic of the volcano pool. She was amazed.  She was even more amazed at the Dole Whip machine at Captain Cook's (the counter service place that we frequented with our resort mugs and a never-ending quest for sweet tea).

Over the week, we fell more and more in love with the Polynesian.  The grounds are stunning, the cast members are amazing (especially our awesome Mousekeeper, Novlet), and the proximity to the monorail was the cherry on top of a lovely week together.  My daughter now refers to it as her "happy place" ... and I'm quite apt to agree with her.

I'm honestly so in love with the Polynesian that I'm currently stalking the prices for ESPN: The Weekend to see if I can sneak in a little Mommy And Panda Magic trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...