Saturday, October 16, 2010

Handbag Lust

For a long time, I lusted after one of the original theme park print Dooney And Bourke bags.  I wanted - nay, needed - one of the little wristlets.  I currently carry a rather large Vera Wang tote, so keeping my identification and debit cards handy (along with my trusty Droid) requires a wristlet.  At least, that's what I keep telling myself as justification for having lots of these little gems around.  So when my daughter and I got to go to the World earlier this month, I budgeted $50 to capture one of the Dooney And Bourke Disney themed wristlets for myself.

Disney has licensed several different Dooney prints for their crack-bags (I mean handbags), but the white background theme park print (officially titled "sketch", in case you were wondering) is my personal favorite.  You can find several photos of the other prints at Disney Shopping.  I know that the other prints have fans, but I suppose I'm a purist.  I just can't help but smile when I see the park icons on my wristlet every day.  The Mouse Ears, the fireworks, the castle, Dumbo ... all of them make me somehow go to My Happy Place and forget for a brief moment that Ohio isn't the best place on Earth.

So this morning, to my giddy surprise, I noticed that ZannaLand (I feel like such a stalker sometimes, but I just love her site) posted some photos taken at Downtown Disney (Tren-D, I think).  Those photos showed the MICKEY BALLOON THEMED DOONEY AND BOURKE HANDBAGS.  My husband (the Panda) has an unnatural love for Mickey balloons (it's a funny story, really, but it's his to tell).  Really though, I love Mickey balloons, and I love handbags, so I'm failing to see the problem with this product.

Anyhow, I must have the black drawstring handbag ($225).  I'm hoping that Disney Shopping has a purchase link posted soon, since I am currently deliberating my next trip to the World.  And I just can't WAIT to get my hands on that handbag!

This photo, courtesy of the aforementioned ZannaLand, shows the handbag object of my lust, as well as a white Clochette (same price) and a white wristlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...