Saturday, June 4, 2011

X-Men: First Class

Let me preface this post with my giddy gleeful squee-ing about how Marvel is now part of the Disney family.  See, as a soon-to-be-travel agent selling Disney exclusively, I am invested in the company's long-term plans and diversification efforts.  Of course, it's imperative that I not only know the product I sell, but the company itself.

And really ... I'm just a nerdy comic book girl underneath it all.  So there's that.

Anyhow, I simply adore the "X-Men" franchise.  Now, I know that some fanboys (and girls) have gotten rather salty that the movies aren't true to the comic books.  But I think that the movies are good, and well done.  And I certainly wouldn't throw Hugh Jackman out of bed for eating crackers.

My Panda and I are kid-free until Tuesday (my daughter's with her dad's family, and my stepdaughter's with my dad and his fabulous wife).  So we judiciously used our "freedom" to go see "X-Men: First Class" on Friday night.  Now, we rarely venture into the theater on opening day.  But for this movie, I was willing to make an exception.  And I was NOT disappointed.

Aside from a great (and profanely hilarious) cameo from Wolverine himself, a few more of favorite actors were in the movie.  Edi Gathegi (also known as the fabulously creepy nomadic vampire Laurent from Twilight / New Moon), James McEvoy (one of my tasty crushes), and January Jones were all present.  And of course, I was really excited to see Jennifer Lawrence - she's slated to play Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games movie! 

At any rate, if you are looking for a good movie - not just a good ACTION movie, but a good all-around movie - go see X-Men: First Class.  The plot was great, the acting was great ... and of course, any excuse to see Kevin Bacon play a villain is welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...