Saturday, November 13, 2010

Epic Mickey

I'm sure that it comes as no surprise that I'm a bit of a nerd.  I love video games, and all sorts of things that are nerdy.  Just because we have an Xbox360, a PS3, a Wii, and our own individual DSi's doesn't mean that we're THAT nerdy.  Right?

Anyway, imagine my giddy reaction when Epic Mickey got a November 30 release date.  Squee! 



From early synopses of the game, it seems a bit dark and more of an adventure than just mindless repetition.  This is a good thing.  I like games with compelling storylines.  I wish it were on the Xbox or the PS3 though ... the video resolution on the Wii is totally subpar.  The desire for motion control is a nonsense reason to make it Wii-exclusive ... the PSMove and Kinect have removed that barrier (excuse?) from game programming now.  I'd prefer to have a controller-based game with high-quality video, folks.

And now I'm even giddier (more giddy?) that Hot Topic has started releasing clothing and accessories to accompany the game.

Here's a few cool things that caught my eye.  I might have to fight the mall crowds this weekend to pick myself up something new (and likely shiny).

The first thing I noticed, via today's Stitch Kingdom email, was the Epic Mickey necklace ($12.00).



The neckace comes in both the basic black and the art scene (what I posted above).  It's a little big for my usual tastes, but it sure is cool.  It would be a great accessory to wear with a simple crew neck black (or the right shade of blue) sweater.  Wonder how many comments I'd get at my uber-conservative workplace about that necklace?

The next thing is a key cap.  It goes over the top of a regular key.  I think I'm going to grab one of these for my office door key.  It's a whopping $4.99 ... a small price to pay for a giddy smile while at my cubicle farm, no?



Finally, no 1337 Gamerz would be found dead without a totally nerdy novelty t-shirt.  Of course, Hot Topic never disappoints ... they have two really cute shirts.  Prices vary (extended sizes are more expensive), but are about $25 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...